Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Merry Merrrry Christmas everyone!

Having a pretty good Christmas here, can't really complain, though I truly wish I could tell you all Merry Christmas in person. Hope it's the merriest and that you all eat tons of cookies and play in snow and eat till you can't move.

Things are pretty calm here- politically speaking. They named a new President and so far the reactions from people seem optimistic andhappy. So that's good news for everyone.

A couple other PCVs and I got up to make breakfast for everyone today. We started at 6:30 and we all ate around 11:00. Ha! We made a lot and things take more time here- you know- with one small stove and approximately 20 people. But we made enough to feed the army, so everyone was well stuffed- as it should be. We're heading to our Country Director's house tonight for a potluck so it should be good times.

Wish you all the verry verry best Christmas and holidays. Wish I was there.

Love and miss you all terribly.

"I'll be hoooome for Christmas, if only in my dreams"

also applicable (hopefully): "in a year we all will be together, if the fates allow"

love love love you all. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad your having a Merry Christmas and that things there are looking optimistic. We enjoyed Christmas with my Dad at Honey & Jimmie's. We had good eats and got stuffed too. We've enjoyed you photos. Wish I had a way to send you some of our Christmas.
You are in our prayers!
Love,
Julie Denny & Carl

mom said...

Merry Christmas Rachel. We enjoyed the usual at Mike and Lisa's. Glad you're all together, I think that's probably making for good times. Take care and we've decided it is the duty of a blogger to blog daily, when there is PC access, hah! Love you,
mom